Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Prayers for a gift for Mom

This might come across as a silly prayer request, so bear with me.

I must admit, I have not been a "very good" daughter when it comes to Christmas for Mom. She visits us yearly at Christmas time from Florida, and since everyone is in some sort of financial bind, we've always said to just concentrate on the kids for Christmas presents. Well, inevitably, poor Mom will get quite a bit for me and Harry, and we haven't gotten a lot for her. I want this to change this year.

Mom is a big opera fan. I found out that there are going to be some live simulcasts of some opera performances from The Metropolitan Opera House being broadcast in movie theaters. I want to get tickets for this for Mom, and also a gift card for a nice dinner beforehand. Since Mom does not drive much, I would need to look into getting some kind of car service to take her to the performance and to dinner. I really think she would enjoy this. I already kind of hinted at this to her, because I need to get an idea of what opera she would like to see.

As an aside, I have fond memories of my Mom listening to "Live from the Met" on the radio on Saturday afternoons when I was a kid. At the time, it kind of drove my Dad and I kind of batty, because neither of us liked opera, but looking back, I do miss those times. A few months ago, I was with the kids in the van, scanning through channels on the radio, and we came across "Live from The Met". The kids seemed to like it! Opera? My kids? I guess I'll have to try and find it again with the kids and see if it was a fluke. LOL

No comments: