Sunday, October 26, 2008

Developing a spirit of giving

I am ashamed to admit that our family has not developed a spirit of generosity over the years. :( I've been praying for a way for us as a family to start giving more, and to actually make giving a priority. When the paycheck comes, it's always been bills first, and whatever is left over...well...who knows were it goes... But that has to change! I can feel it in the family - we have become selfish in our individual selves as well as selfish as a family. We argue more - we don't think of others. Ugh.

So today our church message was "Rethinking Christmas". The church is partnering with local ministries in order to help them with their needs. I just downloaded the PDF file from the church website which has ways to help, and I'm praying for us to incorporate this into our family.

Praying for a giving spirit!

No comments: